Tuesday, August 19, 2008

getting settled...

Whew.

So I went to our mission organization's retreat, left on Friday and drove straight to work, left work and began packing up, spent Saturday moving, went to church on Sunday and then continued to unpack, had a full workday yesterday, and still have tons to do in my classroom and my apartment. Oh, and school starts in two days. not fun.

Also not fun -- no internet access, and no hot water. That's right. I haven't had a shower in two days.

But it has been fun to catch up with some of the other teachers and meet all the new ones. We have a lot of new people this year, so somewhere in the midst of all the other craziness I've been able to go out to dinner and to the coffeeshop and just get to know them better. And I'm really excited about being closer to school this year; it's a nice little walk, so we don't have to rely on our car as much, or keep pouring $10 gallons of gas into it all the time! AND the forint has risen slightly since I've been back! Hallelujah.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to post again, since tomorrow is a holiday! It's St. Istvan's Day, the memorial day for the first king, who was the first to convert to Christianity and establish Hungary as a Christian nation. There's a cool air show where planes do stunts and fly under the bridges on the Danube, and then there's an amazing fireworks display. And then -- school starts the next morning!

again...whew.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger BillyB said...

No shower? Wow,,,,I bet you feel like yer at the lake. hehe

Love ya!

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

UNDER the Bridges?! Wow - that must be some sight!

It's good to hear from you again!

:) Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home