Saturday, August 09, 2008

back!

despite the long series of annoying travel problems, which include a) sleeping through my alarm in the morning (sorry Mom -- I really meant to clean up!) b) sitting on the runway for 2 and a half hours during storms and various mechanical problems before taking off c) giving up my window seat WITH NO ONE BESIDE ME so a Hungarian dad could sit with his daughter, in exchange for a middle seat. middle!

anyway, it wasn't horrible. just annoying. and long. It took me 25 hours from the time I left Nashville until the time I reached Budapest, and I probably got two hours of miserable, middle-of-the-row sleep.
Fortunately, I was able to nap when I got here, and for the first time ever, I didn't wake up from jetlag at some ungodly hour of the morning. I slept until 8:30!

It's good to be home.
It's also sad to leave home.
funny how both places are home to me now!

Just a quick wrap-up of summer in the States -- this was a truly great year at the lake. I got a little better at the wakeboard, and I was able to get in some good skiing on unnaturally calm water. I was even more thrilled to see family and friends who don't normally come, although it was sad not having Larry around.

So leaving from the lake was a good call -- a great way to end my summer. However, for future reference: sitting for hours in an airplane seat while sore and slightly sunburned is NOT FUN! Stretch and use lots of sunscreen, kids.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger BillyB said...

It was so good sharing your vacation with you at the lake. People at the Pizza Inn musta thought that was some awful pizza, the way everyone was crying in the parking lot. hehe


What a wonderful God we serve who gives us family and friends and allows us to be at home, whereever we are in service for HIM.

May God truly bless you as you serve Him.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Renata said...

Glad you made it back okay, even with the extra bumps along the way.

We're praying for you here at home! Keep up the good work!

 
At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so glad u made it back safely. I so enjoyed seeing you and you mom. I miss you.
beth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home