Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Wow.

It's been a while since I posted -- I guess that just shows how crazy busy I am....

quick recap:
Last week, we had some guests staying at the house, and on Saturday, the school had a rummage sale (I was in charge of concessions, and we sold over $300 in sandwiches, drinks, and baked goods). Then on Whit Monday, Heather and I went to Skanzen, which is kind of like Hungarian Williamsburg. We decided sheep shearing is kind of hard to watch, and the famous Hungarian hairy pigs are disgusting. However, homemade gingerbread = delicious. And finally, we settled some things for next year: Lisa and I found a cute little place that's cheaper and much closer to school. It'll be really hard to leave our house and especially our landlords, but this is a good decision, and I'm excited about it.

This weekend, my birthday was awesome, aside from the weirdness of realizing I am actually 30. How did that happen? and why don't I feel like an adult? :)

My fantastic students and roommates made sure I enjoyed the day. Heather cooked me an amazing breakfast -- including biscuits! and Lisa treated me to a much-needed massage. The senior girls in our Bible study threw me a surprise party at lunch, and I was serenaded by quite a few kids. [Interesting sidenote about gender: my senior girls gave me a sparkly pink tiara, a sweet card, and a picture of them in a personalized frame. My senior boys, on the other hand, gave me "Shirtless Steve," an old action figure with the feet put on the wrong way. I love these kids.] Later, Heather, Lisa, and I went to Pomo d'Oro, which is probably my favorite restaurant here. Then to complete the celebration, we went to the baths on Sunday. The thermal baths here are amazing -- I seriously think I'm going to buy a season pass next year.

Also this weekend -- the high school play. Hilarious! And I threw a photo scavenger hunt in honor of Heather. We didn't find all of the items on the list -- but we randomly found a military show, and some really nice guys who actually let us into the tanks. Very cool.


I've been frantically trying to tie up loose ends, since today is the last day for seniors! Between exams and make up work and extra credit and grading ... I've been really busy. but I truly love these kids.
I got a little choked up today after some of these AP kids left! But it isn't time for goodbye yet, since I'm leaving on Friday to chaperone the Seniors for a week in Malta!

I'm so excited. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home