Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I totally forgot...

to tell about why that poem resonated so strongly with me yesterday!

So this weekend was interesting -- Heather and I took Mary Grace, who was staying with us, to a small Hungarian church. Some of the Hungarian staff members go there, and one of our cleaning ladies had invited us, so we decided to check it out. The church I normally attend is bi-lingual, so hearing Hungarian at church was nothing new, but because this was a Magyar only service, I had to rely on translation -- always a humbling experience. Basically, we sat in the back and Ivan and Zoli whispered in English as the pastor spoke, and it was frustrating at times for all of us. Even so, they were very gracious and accomodating, and it was really cool to fellowship in a different way.

Also cool this weekend, but in an entirely different way, Heather and I met up with Meg, Aaron, and Timothy for an all night movie festival. The huge mall in Budapest kept their theaters going from 6 pm til 6 am, so people could watch any movies they wanted all night for about $12. I kind of struggled my way through Fool's Gold at 5 in the morning -- but it was fun! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home