Sunday, June 15, 2008

back in the USA

and slightly jetlagged!

It's been a fun but overwhelming trip back. Reverse culture shock is very, very real, as I've been amazed by
*the sheer number of fast food restaurants
*the extremely loud conversations of Americans - that I can understand!
*the way Americans complain about $4 gas (ha!) -- and then drive across the parking lot to avoid walking a few minutes
*Target. I can't describe how overwhelmed I was by SuperTarget!

but it's been a lot of fun, too. I've loved seeing Kathy's awesome new house, and watching Karen try on wedding dresses, and finally eating a Chick Fil A biscuit! :)

Working my way to Rocky Mount tonight and start my summer job on Tuesday... hope to see you all soon!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home Paula!

Love BB

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Geoff Gentry (aka xforce11) said...

Welcome back. Stop by Antioch some time!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Twenty Two Photo said...

I'm glad you were able to be there:)

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I want to visit. I want to see you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home