Friday, September 26, 2008

busy week!

but today is a fun day, as it's the day when my sophomores make masks in honor of our African novel, Things Fall Apart. They're so cute -- they try to be all grown-up, but throw some markers and construction paper in front of them, and they suddenly become different people!

prayer request for you all: I'm working with a new ministry this year, an Alpha course, that I'm really excited about. I'll send out more info in my newsletter (by the way, if you follow my blog but you're not on my mailing list and want to be, let me know. Email my gmail account; it's misshardy) but for right now pray for the planning stages. We had a meeting last night, and a lot of questions still need to be answered about logistics and finances. We're also hoping a team from the States will be able to come and help out with our kick-off events in early December...so if you want to take a trip to Hungary, maybe you can work in a missions trip! :)

So my language lessons are going well -- Heidi is meeting with me, too, so the three of us have a lot of fun with Izabella. But apparently my confidence level isn't exactly high, as evidenced by a dream I had, in which I was trying to help a Hungarian man who was lost. I was talking to him over the phone and trying to explain to him how to get to our village. I thought I was saying things correctly, but he just got frustrated and mocked me, until he yelled at me and hung up. I was so angry/embarrassed that I woke up... and then I thought about my dream-Hungarian. In the dream, I was convinced I said, "Are you familiar with Balatoni Highway?" -- but what I actually said was, "You know how zoo?" Ha!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you know the alpha course started at the church we went to in London? I always thought that was cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home