Friday, July 20, 2007

How hot IS it???? part two

It's SO hot that on Bartok Bela, the road I live beside, they actually had to stop the trams today. Why? because the asphalt was melting.

I feel like I'm spending far too much time on the heat, but really I can't think about much else. Today on our way to lunch (in air-conditioning!), we passed an outdoor thermometer. It read 43 degrees Celsius. in the shade. According to onlineconversions.com, this is equivalent to 109.4 degrees. in the freakin' shade.

I am pretty proud of myself, though, because in spite of the intense heat sapping my life away, I still managed a 97 on my final exam in Hungarian today! Class is done, and I'd say I can now understand about 6% of what's going on around, as opposed to the 3% I knew before :) Hey, it's a start.

I'm going to go take a freezing cold shower. I never thought I'd look forward to that...

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! (I bet you've actually learned more than you think!)
:)
Mom

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you DOUBLED your knowledge!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home