Thursday, March 01, 2007

March Madness, Hungarian style

sadly, I am not referring to Carolina basketball -- the ridiculous British satellite system has opted to skip broadcasting Carolina vs. Dook this weekend in order to bring us Arena Football. as if anyone cares... (really, does anyone care? If you actually watch Arena Football, I'd love to hear why!)

Fortunately, we have our own brand of basketball tourney mania here at ICSB. This weekend is the very first tournament to be held here in the new gym! We're hosting teams from all over Central and Eastern Europe for two days of nearly non-stop bball. Very cool. oh, and we've imported lots of American candy to sell! I've already seen two students eating Reesy Cups today...

We just finished our pep rally, which I have to say is the best pep rally I've ever attended. That's probably because it involves the whole school, including the elementary kids who aren't concerned with 'looking cool.' :) They had their little cheeks painted with Bulldog paw prints and danced their little hearts out. I even saw the director's son lose his shoes in the midst of a particularly vigorous cheer! I love school spirit...

My favorite thing, though, is that in honor of the tournament, we have no classes tomorrow. That's right -- just basketball, all day. It isn't quite the same as watching the ACC tournament during class at SE, but it does make a NC girl feel right at home.

Sic 'em, Bulldogs!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun blog!!
:)
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home