Sunday, February 25, 2007

I love my life.

Seriously.

Sometimes I can't believe this is the life that God has called me to.

Case in point -- this weekend I needed to leave Hungary for visa purposes, so Austin and I rounded up Heather, Jonathan W, and Whittington, and off we went to Vienna for the night! At the risk of sounded like a MasterCard commercial, let me just say that we rented a car (Heather and I drove to Vienna and back!), ate a nice dinner, got coffee at Starbucks, and each spent about $30, plus gas. How is this possible, you ask? Chalk it up to the miracle of friends and amazing hospitality. First of all, one of the men in our mission directed us to a local man who rents cars pretty cheaply, and even gave us a 10% discount. He runs everything out of his house, where his wife baked us dessert and made us coffee! Such a sweet man. Then, Austin emailed some friends of ours that we met over the summer for our training who are now teaching in Vienna. They took us out, gave us a personalized tour of the city, and put us up for the night. Here are some pictures....

This is from the restaurant we went to -- where the pork chops and wiener schnitzel literally come on a sword! Beside me are Kristin and Rachel, teachers at the Christian school in Vienna.
and naturally, Jonathan and Austin really enjoyed the sword, complete with ketchup 'blood.'

outside the Opera House


So this isn't the greatest photography, but I love how Jonathan looks vaguely demonic. Plus, you can see the Rathaus behind the rink. This was such a cool place, and it was fun to watch Heather leave everybody behind when they raced...

A great trip, lots of great people...yep, life is good.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the Paula I knew way back when.....Pollyanna of sorts....glad you are smiling often...love you di

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Jill said...

What an amazing experience! I'm so happy for you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home