Tuesday, December 08, 2009

"to see ourselves as others see us..."

So yesterday two odd things happened that made me wonder how I appear to others.

a) Last night at church (I help run a children's program for Spanish speakers learning English on Monday nights) a woman flagged me down by saying, "Little girl! Little girl!" I am 31 years old. I should probably take this as a compliment, but still.

b) During a phone call, I overheard the following conversation (by the way, cupping your hand over the receiver does NOT muffle sound. post on this coming soon):
"Mom, someone wants to talk to you."
"Who is it?"
"I don't know. It sounds like it's a woman."

Really -- is there any doubt?

sigh.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger the.bain.family. said...

haha, if it's worth anything I've never thought of you as a little girl OR anything other than female ;)

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Allyson said...

I may have told you this, but the other day someone came to the door and asked me if my parents were home. I informed them that I WAS the parent. You'd think that the gray hairs and wrinkles would give it away.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

laughing so hard!!

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger blog said...

Office 2010 Microsoft Office 2010 Key comes with a amount of security enhancements, simply by making an effort to ensure that the ethics in addition to privacy from the information to advance bolster the actual episode surface.Office 2010 protection structure through providing Microsoft Office 2010 some sort of layered defense countermeasures that will help you security exhaustive method will likely be expanded towards the desktop stability software.The majority of the basic safety conclusions created ? Office 2010 Key?by Office 2010, instead of produced ??with the consumer Office 2010.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home