Wednesday, December 23, 2009

spreading Christmas cheer

So it's been a hard year, and every day I talk to people who are struggling just to get by. Some of the most heartbreaking calls I've had are with people who make just enough to miss qualifying for most assistance, but they hit an unexpected snag and can't ever catch up. So if you're in a position to help out someone like that, check out modestneeds.org. I saw it on CNN's website this morning, and I'm impressed. It's designed to help people with one-time expenses, like car repair or a doctor's bill. So if you're looking for a way to share some holiday cheer, it looks like a great option. They research each case and pay bills directly to eliminate the chance of fraud, and they have high ratings from charity watchdog organizations.

Another thing that I'm really excited about this year is sponsoring a Compassion Child. I know several of you do this already, but if you have about $40 a month, consider sponsoring a child. I have honestly loved praying for my little girl in Tanzania! I sent an extra gift for her birthday not long ago, and I'm excited to find out how the family used it; others in her area have reported buying chickens, clothing, and even a bed with similar amounts. It puts things into perspective a bit -- I can buy drinks at Starbucks once a week for a month, or I can buy two chickens to support a family in an AIDs affected area of Africa.

It's good to be able to help others financially again --especially after I've been the recipient of so much generosity from you guys! Thank you again; I am so incredibly grateful. Love you all, and I'm praying for you to have a Christmas full of joy!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger the.bain.family. said...

that charity is SUCH a great idea. It totally makes sense, too.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger blog said...

Office 2010 Office 2010 isn't only the particular best-selling release inside historical past, but also the best version. The more sizeable adjustments in Office 2010 is a revising of your Prospect Microsoft Office 2010 e-mail consumer plus the online variation involving Statement, Excel, as well as PowerPoint, plus OneNote.The actual Office2010 elements certainly not as well as discovering the particular legitimate extendable describes Microsoft Office 2010 Key a report to help lessen this strike floor. Office 2010 Key

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Sziasztok, i like your nice story and blog.Seem for sure you will visit Tanzania in the future as i can learn you are sponsoring a child from organisation which i worked 8yrs before joining tourism industry - all for good and God's will. I welcome you to visit my site if i can be part of your tour in Tanzania (www.elyontours.com)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home