Tuesday, November 04, 2008

even in Hungary...

...you can't escape politics on Election Day!

Most mornings I wake to Hungarian morning radio, which is much like American morning radio. They even use the same sound effects and make prank calls to people on their birthdays. The only difference is that I can only understand about 3% of what's happening (but I'm getting much better at figuring out the weather forecast!). This morning, however, I woke to conversation about Obama and McCain -- I wish I could type out how Hungarians pronounce these, because it's pretty funny. Anyway, I didn't understand all of it, but I understood enough to know they were making puns on Obama's name. In Hungarian, barack means peach, so they were making jokes about offering Obama some jam for his palacsinta (crepes) and all the confusion that could result. yeah -- even in Hungary, morning radio hosts aren't all that funny :)

I know I'm way behind on posting pictures; I'm having some problems with my laptop :( But they're coming soon...

Happy voting!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Twenty Two Photo said...

thats funny...i'm ready for it all to be over with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home