Monday, October 20, 2008

a surprisingly good Monday

It's a beautiful day, my classes were easy, and I'm going to hear the Budapest Philharmonic Orchestra tonight at the opera house -- for $2. $2!!!! I won't be able to see the stage, but who cares? :) I need to do things like this more often. Lisa and I made a list at the beginning of the year so that if we leave Budapest, we'll leave no stone unturned! Cultural events like cheap orchestra tickets were high on the list.

So Lisa and I survived being parents for a few days, with no major problems. We did have one sick kid for a while, but I think it was mainly missing Mom! And I more or less successfully navigated them to and from school, practices, and lessons -- in a stick-shift van! --- although I did sort of hit a car on the side of the road. The combination of huge van + tiny (one lane wide) Hungarian road + cars parked on the side of the road + oncoming traffic that didn't stop = not cool! Thank God for side-mirrors that fold in :) I was so embarrased. Fortunately, no damage done, and the kids thought it was funny. And really, we had a good time.

Short week because of the Hungarian holiday weekend! Woohoo!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home