Wednesday, October 22, 2008

a break!

so the orchestra was a lot of fun. I could see maybe ten instruments, but it was beautiful, and I enjoy watching the people more anyway. An old man directly across from us "played piano" along with the music for 90% of the time -- and he was fairly accurate, which was entertaining. But my favorite was a family -- the little boy started imitating the conductor, the older brother punched him in the ribs, and the mother glared at them both with a death-look. Some things transcend culture!

Tonight is another HS party, and I got roped into again being a chaperone. I don't really mind, but I am a little nervous that they put me in charge of the pumpkin carving area. Being responsible for lots of teenage boys with knives just doesn't really appeal to me! but it will soon be over, and then a glorious four-day weekend! Several of us are driving up to Vienna for a day, so I'm excited about that.

We still don't have internet at our apartment, so I won't be online for a while...but hopefully I'll have some viennese pictures up soon!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home