Saturday, November 24, 2007

how did it get to be saturday already?

What I was thankful for this year on Turkey Day:
  • Hungarian stores are open all day!
  • the friends I have here
  • a invitation to Thanksgiving dinner at the Kliewers (with 35 people!) -- and it was nagyon finom.
  • through the wonders of slingbox, we got to watch the Macy's parade, a football game, and American commercials. ah, technology!
  • a time of Thanksgiving worship and prayer.
  • the chance to talk to Mom, Dad, and Kathy
  • no school! :)
What I was not thankful for this year on Turkey Day:
  • due to my lack of translation skills, the large quanities of cream cheese I bought to make cheesecake actually were cheese cream. as in spreadable cheese that would go great on your ham sandwich. so, no cheesecake, and frantic scrambling to find a dessert recipe I could make. It was good, but man, I wanted to make that cheesecake.
  • yet another problem with our car. and the approximately $70 tank of gas that puddled into the gravel below it as a result. Woohoo for car repairs!
sigh.

anyway, I'm thankful for you, my faithful readers. It's good to feel I'm not totally disconnected from back home!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home