Monday, March 12, 2007

tarheel pride

So last night I pulled up GameTracker on espn to watch the State-UNC championship game. I only had time to "watch" the first half before we left to go out to eat. I enjoyed eating out and all, but like a true Carolina fan, I was a little preoccupied.

and then it came: a text message from Kathy that simply said "TAR!"

To most people, that would seem strange, but I immediately knew what that meant! The Red Jacket luck couldn't prevail, and the Tarheels had claimed their rightful place at the top.

I replied back with "HEELS!"

I love technology. How else could sisters and die hard fans join in the cheering even across an ocean and several countries?

Now on to the Big Dance!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a clever way for Kathy to let you know about the win!

Go Heels! :) Mom

 
At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
This has nothing to do with the Heels, although you know I love to say bad things about Duke in your honor....
but Patty Griffin....
...can you bring some CDs when you come?
i listened to a track on your myspace and love her, but her CDs are kind of pricey...
by the way, if you need to get to Gboro, i can pick you up and take you back. Or you can just borrow Brent's car for the whole time you're in NC. It's no problem.
let me know.
love you...happy about Carolina! (is this football or basketball!! HAH, just kidding, dear)
nik

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I have to give credit where credit is due. Karen gave me a pre-game TAR!, so I was just passing it along! Go Heels!

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Heels!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home