Thursday, March 22, 2007

back in the us of a...

So I've safely made it back to the states with no problems at all! Well, except for the questionable in-flight meal -- really, how do you ruin pasta? I thought that was the safe choice! And I was pretty exhausted when I did get here; you know I'm tired when I fall asleep during Lost! I did get to see the part where we finally find out -haha Lisa, you totally thought I was going to give it away, didn't you? :) I would never, my friend.
Anyway, I'm currently in DC and planning to try for my visa tomorrow at the consulate -- please pray!
Some observations on being back:
*It's nice to be in a place where I can understand what's being said. I greatly enjoy being able to be polite rather than just point and gesture. It's also overwhelming, however. Plus most of the conversations I overheard were complaining -- no wonder Europeans, who often understand English, hate us!
*How I have missed real showers... our stupid hand-held (oh...just caught myself complaining! oops) showerhead doesn't even have a stand, so I loved being able to wash my hair with both hands this morning! I know it doesn't sound exciting, but trust me...it is.
*At the restaurant last night, the menu was coherent! and the food was great and actually included vegetables! and the service was fast! and they gave us separate checks!
*American money really is boring compared to Hungarian.
*I was once the queen of the remote and loved my DVR with a passion that bordered on fanaticism. Strangely, now that I don't have a tv in Hungary, I find that tv, and especially commercials, wear me out. or maybe it's the jet lag!
* I really, really, really miss my cell phone -- because I'm here and can't talk to you!!!! but hopefully I'll see some of you soon... much love to you all!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

7 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Haha, I actually saw my name before I got concerned. Is it at least a good one, or do you not know because you fell asleep. If you need to rewatch them, I'll have them. We'll miss you though!!! No one to get us thinking of crazy fun theories right off the bat;) Hope all goes well at the consolate!

 
At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the US of A

I love Lost! I'm helping out on a podcast forum that covers Lost(among other things). http://www.gspn.tv the forum is http://www.gspn.tv/forum

But the new 10pm time slot is killing me. I DVR it and watch it the next day.

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Lisa Blomquist said...

Welcome back! We'll be like two ships passing in the night. I leave next Friday, hopefully. You get back when? I will pray for an expedient visa experience.
Lisa

 
At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you are home...miss you...headed home over the weekend and first days of next week. I must run....swamped with work....call me anyway if you can, I'll have my cell-and luagh...it's bradfordpear time
love di

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

PAULA- THE LOST EPISODE AND UNC GAME WERE SO INTENSE I CAN'T STAND YOU NOT BEING HERE TO DISCUSS THEM WITH ME! AHHHHH!



ie. I love you

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Heather Cheesman said...

Paula come back!! I miss you. The apartment is boring without you and it's no fun quoting AD to myself (ok, well it's a little fun, but not as much)!! Hope things went well at in D.C. Let me know when you are near a phone so I can call you.

your lonely roommate,
Heather

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Heather Cheesman said...

Ahhh, you know how much that little typo is going to bother me!! I know you saw it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home