Sunday, October 29, 2006

The good, the bad, and the ugly....



Isn't this picture from my balcony incredibly beautiful?

The sad thing, though, is that it took place today at 4:30! I'm told that this winter it will be totally dark at 4. Yeah, I'm not thrilled about this development...

Good things about this weekend:
-- Lisa A., Parker, Heather, and I had a Lost marathon this weekend -- we're almost caught up! I love that show; what would I do without the internet to make it possible to watch it?
--Heather and I baked our dessert for the staff competition, as shown in the picture. I am pleased to report that our cream cheese and fruit concoction won Most Beautiful and was highly complimented!

Bad things about this weekend:
-- rain. and cold. and walking to the bus for church this morning in both. yuck.

And the just plain ugly:
-- today after my post-church nap, I walked into the kitchen to get something to drink, when I stepped on a soppin' wet rug. Something is wrong with our radiator, and the entire kitchen was flooded. That was loads of fun to clean...

and so begins another week!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

4 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you have flashbacks of nikki's and my toilet overflowing and flooding out our apartment in college? THAT was loads of fun.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Paula said...

Ha! I totally did!

I kind of missed having all the guys downstairs bring us their towels, and then the entire stairwell being covered with them. and the giant carpet fan!

You know, NOW it's funny. :)

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you still have the tradition of after church naps......miss you....love the picture from the balcony....saving up to come visit...di.....

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

time just changed here and it's dark at 5:30...i feel your pain. one good thing though, it makes me want to go to bed waaaaay earlier! if it's dark that early, what time is sunrise? hope you have a great week!
jessi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home