Thursday, October 19, 2006

pandora and psat

Several of you emailed me to ask if you were the lucky one -- I have no idea! I just know it happened at 8:52 your time :) So if you were on just before 9, consider yourself the 4000th!

so I've been listening to Pandora, which is an online music service that takes your input to tailor personalized radio stations for you. pretty cool. I listen to it almost exclusively now, and I just saw that you can add samples to your blog, so to the right are four clips from my current favorites. Take a listen, join pandora, and learn about new music.

standardized testing....we are so used to it in the states that we forget there are actually people who don't know how to fill out those forms. Take yesterday for example. Filling out the bubble sheet was a major undertaking. Many of our Chinese students were especially confused, because last names and first names are reversed in Chinese. not to mention that those sheets are made with spaces for city, state, and zip code -- not exactly things these students have. It took forever. It was just funny to imagine that there were kids who really didn't know about bubble sheets!

tonight: adult English language class, LOST party to watch last night's episode (I'm SO addicted to this show!), and pack for Salzburg! Yes -- I'm taking advantage of the holiday weekend to travel to Austria, the birthplace of Mozart and the Sound of Music. Train travel is really cheap, so there's a big group of teachers going. Should be lots of fun and plenty of photo opportunities! Stay tuned....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know my heart for Salzburg! Have a great time and sing a little for me! Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home