Tuesday, September 26, 2006

venting part two...

In keeping with the Monday blues, last night was, well, pretty wretched. I had decided I would take an easy night and go to bed early, so I left the school at 8:30 and walked up the flights of stairs to my apartment, where I proceeded to spend the next 20 minutes or so just trying to open my door.

I've had problems with my door before. It sticks, and once I really thought I wouldn't be able to get out. Last night, however, the door wouldn't even budge. I could not get in my apt. to save my life. I considered trying to crawl across my neighbor's balcony, but since it's 5 floors up, decided that was probably a terrible idea. I pretty much resigned myself to spending the night at the school or on Lisa's couch, and I was being a whiny little girl.

I think Parker and Lisa B were tired of my rotten attitude, so they graciously offered to come help me. We hatched an elaborate scheme to take the door off the hinges so I could get inside -- but first Parker tried one last time. Yep --you guessed it. On his first try, the door just opened, as if there were no problems at all. I felt so stupid.

Thank God every day isn't Monday!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take a bar of soap and rubbed the insides of the door. I promise...it will help.di

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the Monday Blues too...

It seemed to be in the air!
When one thing goes wrong, there seems to be something else to follow.

It's okay though, today is a new day:) Thank goodness!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home