Monday, September 25, 2006

venting.....

One thing that definitely hasn't changed:
Today less than half of my seniors had read the assignment. When I passed out the quiz, I immediately was bombarded with requests for extra credit.

I had previously offered an extra credit opportunity for this unit, which was memorizing the first part of the prologue to Canterbury Tales. I graciously offered it again. Nope -- they didn't want to do that either.

I really do like these kids a lot, but that was so frustrating.

It's such a Monday.

On to a more positive note! I completely forgot about this last night, since those pictures were taking forever to upload... So I've been really struggling with what to do about that Conversational English class. You know how badly I wanted to do that, but I really didn't want to spend three hours on public transportation every Monday night. Problem solved! At our retreat someone announced that we're starting something similar here at the school. This is so much better, because it takes me all of three minutes to walk to the school building, and my 'students' will actually live here in Diosd!

I feel slightly better now. or perhaps it's the chocolate I just finished :)
oh, and Allyson -- I must side with Stace: the Boost bar, while definitely tasty, has nothing on the Peanut Butter Lion Bar!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I was about to think those kids were perfect!! :)

Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home