Thursday, September 14, 2006

too little slelep...

Why do I stay up late, knowing that I have to work the next day? sigh.

So last night I helped Mary and Lisa B host a dinner for the new teachers and the single veteran teachers. We fixed some Mexican food (which is incredibly difficult to find here), listened to some music -- good times. The bad thing about good times, though, is that it's hard to go from being social to work mode. So after we cleaned everything up, I came back to the school and proceeded to get on Vonage and call home. for two hours. and then myspace to get in touch with people. and then email to get in touch with people who have no myspace... When Lisa and I finally left the school, it was close to 2. needless to say, the alarm clock went off for a long time this morning before I dragged myself out of the bed.

I should really learn my lesson.

It was worth it, though, to talk to people!

Update on the building... the mayor of Diosd came to inspect it this week, and today the fire inspectors are visiting (which means the alarms have gone off at least 6 times this morning. fun.) Hopefully, this means I can actually have my own classroom soon!!! I cannot wait. This past weekend we helped to get everything ready for inspection, and it is such a great place. You will not believe the pictures I'll post once we get in.

Can I just brag about my students, past and present? I cannot tell how great it is to hear from so many SE students lately, and the kids here are just as wonderful. It is really interesting to teach in a place with so many international students, although sometimes the language barrier is tricky. Imagine teaching a class of 18 with Honors students, ELL students, and nationalities including Americans, Hungarians, Estonians, Koreans, Chinese, Mongolians, British, and Kazakh! Fascinating!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home