Saturday, September 30, 2006

oh happy day...

Reasons why I am in a good mood this weekend:
  • the weather is beautiful.
  • I finally received my m-bag full of books! and a package from mom! and letters from various people, including adorable pictures of little Emily!
  • Had a "how to cook in Hungary" lesson today with a parent. We made over 20 things and froze them, plus she gave each of the new teachers a bucket literally full of food, recipes, and cooking items. She's like the Martha Stewart of Budapest!
  • We had a girl's night last night where we made pizza and watched Jane Austen movies. And we met an American girl who just moved to Diosd, who seems really nice.
  • Tonight we met up with a friend from Moscow. We met her at our training over the summer, and she was in Budapest for a conference, so we showed her around the city and took tons of pictures. And we ate at Subway, where they actually asked if I wanted a 6 inch or footlong sub. It took me a second to realize why that was odd...
  • Election day is tomorrow. IF the mayor of Diosd is re-elected, then odds are good that he will allow us to move into our new building within a week or two!!!!

Hmmmmm......it's after midnight. I really should go to bed. pictures coming soon, I promise!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Blogger Phyllis said...

Have you posted Pictures on here and I haven't seen them? I miss having you around at SE. We all do!

It is beautiful fall weather here--cooler mornings, leaves are going to change soon, and all the fairs and fall festivals, the gorgeous mountains to visit!

October 1--!

Thanks for keeping us so informed!

Phyllis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home