Monday, November 10, 2008

i hate being sick

I have now had laryngitis for almost a week. This is ridiculous! and it prevented me from singing at the school "coffeehouse" this past week!

But I did get to play piano, and, more importantly, it was a huge success. Student Council organized it as a fundraiser for the International Justice Mission to end child trafficking. I was absolutely shocked -- the kids raised $1500! Click to learn more about IJM and love146 . But be warned -- it's pretty heartbreaking.

Yesterday, we had a cool experience at church. Heather Mercer was our speaker; she's the one who was imprisoned by the Taliban for talking about Jesus in Afghanistan. I remember reading about her plight as it happened back in 2001, so it was really interesting to hear her first-hand account, which Lisa, Jillian, and I agreed should be a movie. It was even more moving to hear her talk about the after effects, including some of her Taliban guards who have now come to know the Lord. She's currently serving in yet another danger zone, passionate about giving Muslims the opportunity to learn more about Jesus. I left more determined to abandon all for Christ -- and yet incredibly grateful that my area of service is a lot safer than hers!

also this weekend, the Korean families combined forces to feed the teachers! I love Korean food, so I was looking forward to this for weeks, and it did not disappoint. :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

1 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're experiencing God in numerous ways!
:)
Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home