Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Why I love working at ICSB

There are many reasons -- but here's a key one: the administration.

If you know me at all, you know how I hate lesson plans. I hate creating objectives, categorizing assessments, blah blah blah.... Well, we're in the process of a review, and all that boring curriculum stuff is necessary. I despise it.

However, in our meeting, the principal saved me from utter despair by making this promise: he will sub a half day of classes for each teacher so we can work on our unit plans uninterrupted in a conference room. He even had a calendar so we could sign up on the spot.

This is pretty miraculous. The worst thing about teaching is lack of time to get everything done, so to have the gift of time -- well, it's one of the most encouraging things, professionally, I can imagine.

So I'm in a pretty good mood today -- and only two days until our amazing long weekend! :)

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

3 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that reminds me! if you haven't heard the good news yet, let me be the first to say that SE may be saved! Mr. Kremer "stepped down" and they got a new principle that I believe came from the HP campus of GTCC. He started Monday! How great is that?!?
-Jessi

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha....i was just going to ask you about the principal change at SE because I thought that I read that in the friday notes....but the comment before me answered my question!

 
At 2:40 AM, Blogger Paula said...

ha! I heard from like five different people -- but no one is providing details!!!! Come on, people; inquiring minds and all that....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home