Friday, October 12, 2007

d'oh

Last night Heather and I were working with our new batch of ELL students, and the topic was food. We learned the difference between how much and how many; we rehearsed complimenting one another on amazing, albeit imaginary, meals; we discussed foods we love and foods we loathe. All was going well. However, it's hard to talk about food with a limited vocabulary for an hour and a half. I had the brilliant idea, stolen from one of my Hungarian classes this summer, of playing the alphabet game with English food words. They did surprisingly well, and we didn't hit a snag until K -- which was my letter. There I was, the teacher of the class, the originator of the game, and I couldn't think of a food word that started with a K to save my life. and neither could Heather! It was a humbling experience, to say the least :)

(although I did redeem myself slightly -and embarrass myself greatly- when I yelled out, "Oh! Ketchup!" as the class was leaving) :)

So feel free to mock me and leave comments with all the ridiculously easy K foods I couldn't think of on my own....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

5 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kiwi, kelp, kale (ok, those two are kind of a stretch, but they are edible) kimchee- although that is Korean, key limes, kidney beans, and my personal favorite, kumquats

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kentucky Fried Chicken!!
Dad!

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

K E double L O double good

Billy B

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kabobs!

Mom :)

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are a helpful lot, aren't we?? hehehehhe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home