Thursday, October 11, 2007

I'm so smart...

I just received my certificate from the language school this summer -- I officially passed my exam as a 2nd level beginner with high honors! :)

Sadly, that is basically meaningless, as I still cannot create a grammatically correct sentence for 98% of the situations in which I find myself on a regular basis...

So last night I tackled a big mental block for me -- I drove stickshift in Budapest. Driving out in our little town isn't quite as scary, but Budapest is a different story. Granted, it was after midnight, so traffic wasn't exactly at peak levels, and I did nearly stall out once or twice, but hey, I actually did it. Hopefully I'm building up a bit more confidence!

Today my seniors are out at the Roman Ruins on a field trip, so this is a nice, restful day for me... but tonight is going to be busy! I have ELL followed by worship practice, so it's going to be a late night. I can't wait to sleep late this weekend.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

2 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't it make you wonder how many certificates out there are basically as meaningless as this one of yours?! :)

Love and hugs,
Mom

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Uncle Mut said...

Congratulations on your "basically meaningless" certificate and honor...I think this is one of those cases where you attribute the meaning. You have permission.
Also congratulations on the driving success. Next you'll have to attempt scooters, which are a part of life here in Taiwan.
By the way, speaking of grammar, you would enjoy the free "Grammar Girl" podcast on iTunes. It's actually quite helpful for some student questions.
Talk to you later,
M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home