Thursday, April 19, 2007

adventures in cooking

Tonight is our final ELL class, and Heather and I decided to bring all kinds of goodies. I have a brownie recipe I love and have made several times, so last night I confidently started making a double batch.
At some point I realized a huge mistake: I had confused the words for baking powder and baking soda. For future reference, if you use baking soda in a brownie recipe, your brownies will
a) fail to completely cook even after an hour and a half
b) rise until they spill over into the oven, thus creating a huge amount of smoke and a lingering smell of burnt chocolate
c) fall flat upon cooling -- except for the slightly burnt edges

They just don't look appealing.

Hmmmm.... perhaps I'll just buy some cookies.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home